RFE: show change of enforcing state in log ?

Tom London selinux at comcast.net
Wed Jul 7 18:55:52 UTC 2004

Interesting....

I was actually trying address a (slightly) different issue: how to
recreate, after the fact, as much of the state as possible
from the log.  Can certainly add to the user space code
to detect this change, and then emit a message to the log.

Prior to your suggestion, I looked at the code for selinuxfs.c.
I think a one line change could also do the trick:
(I modeled this after the log prints on a policy load)

***************
*** 135,140 ****
--- 135,143 ----
                length = task_has_security(current, SECURITY__SETENFORCE);
                if (length)
                        goto out;
+               printk(KERN_INFO "setenforce:  %s->%s\n",
+                      (selinux_enforcing ? "enforcing" : "permissive"),
+                      (new_value ? "enforcing" : "permissive"));
                selinux_enforcing = new_value;
                if (selinux_enforcing)
                        avc_ss_reset(0);

tom