Simplistic X11 logins not working.. (newbie questions)

Stephen Smalley sds at epoch.ncsc.mil
Tue Jun 1 14:42:46 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-31 at 15:08, Erik Fichtner wrote:
> So.  I've got vanilla FC2 with SELinux loaded and the standard
> policy sources loaded on my laptop.   For various reasons (low memory
> and a general dislike for all things GNOME; primarily), I'm trying to
> make good old xdm work and start boring old twm.     This requires a
> little bit of manhandling within /etc/X11/xdm/Xsession and /etc/inittab.
> No big deal here.

[xgk]dm need to be modified to set the SELinux security context for the
session.  SELinux support has been upstreamed in gdm.  Patches for other
*dm programs have been floating around for some time, e.g. see
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=selinux&m=107031914600885&w=2.  The
other alternative is to try to use pam_selinux, but that wouldn't work
for gdm (pam_open_session is called from the wrong process to set up the
context).

--
Stephen Smalley <sds at epoch.ncsc.mil>