Request for help .... system call entry pointes ...

jagan kommineni Jagan.Kommineni at infotech.monash.edu.au
Tue Jun 8 02:18:25 UTC 2004

Hi,

In my projects, I am trapping basic system calls like open, read, write,

close etc ...
for creating POSIX interface semantics for remote file. I am using SOAP
protocol
to communicate with the remote foles.

http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jagan/research.htm

I rewrite functions such as open, read, write etc... as shown below and
I created a library module
and preloaded by using LD_PRELOAD environemnt variable.
---------------------------------------
for open call,
       open, _open,  __open,   __libc_open,  open64, _open64, __open64,
__libc_open64
for read call
        read, _read, _read, __libc_read
for write call
        write, _write, __write __libc_write etc .....

It is working pefectly well with Redhat 7.3, but in the recent releases
of redhat 8 and 9.
I am not able to trap system calls,  it seems there are some changes to
interfaces for enter
in to system calls. If any body have any idea about the new changes, I
will be glad to here.

my email addess: jagan at csse.monash.edu.au

with regards,

Jagan Kommineni