enforcing mode problems

Tom London selinux at comcast.net
Wed Jun 9 02:48:10 UTC 2004

Did you remember to do a 'fixfiles relabel' after installing the new
policy files?

If not, I suggest you reboot single-user mode, and then run 'fixfiles
relabel'.  You probably want fixfiles to clean out /tmp, so move/copy
anything you need before running it.

tom

    * /From/: Richard Hally <rhally mindspring com>
    * /To/: fedora-selinux-list redhat com
    * /Subject/: enforcing mode problems
    * /Date/: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 22:43:44 -0400

when running with the latest "strict" policy in enforcing mode, 'su -'
does not work.

[richard new2 richard]$ su -
Password:
could not open session

(ctrl-alt-f1 to a console, switch to permissive)

[richard new2 richard]$ su -
Password:
[root new2 root]#

It works but does't ask if I want a different context.

When I went to the console it asked if I wanted a different context.
Attached is the syslog messages file.

Please see the attached messages file for other "AVC denied" messages as
well.

HTH
Richard Hally

p.s.
[root new2 root]# rpm -q selinux-policy-strict
selinux-policy-strict-1.13.4-2