Can not access files in own home directory

David Balazic david.balazic at hermes.si
Wed Jun 9 07:42:06 UTC 2004

Hi!

First, is SELinux supposed to work in Fedora Core 2 or is it in beta(alpha)
phase ?

Because I get a failure right 5 minutes after installation.

I did a SELinux enabled install of FC2 ( Workstation type ).
In firstboot I created a user.

The I tried to log in on VC2 as that user and it gave a SELinux access
denied error.
bash was denied access to /home/me/.bash_profile

The I issued a "ls -a" command and it could only list the file names, but
not the properties,
again, access was denied.

So is SELinux there to be used or to be yet developed ?
Or was this an accidental bug ?
Should I bugzilla it ?

Regards,
David
-----------
http://noepatents.org/           Innovation, not litigation !
---
David Balazic                      mailto:david.balazic at hermes.si
HERMES Softlab                 http://www.hermes-softlab.com
Zagrebska cesta 104            Phone: +386 2 450 8851
SI-2000 Maribor
Slovenija
"Be excellent to each other." -
Bill S. Preston, Esq. & "Ted" Theodore Logan