avc denied from kernel 427 update

Tom London selinux at comcast.net
Sun Jun 13 16:57:06 UTC 2004

Hmmm.... worked for me.  I'm running 427 on two machines.  One with the
'old policy' stuff, the other with all the latest packages from the
development tree (including 'new selinux-policy' stuff).

A suggestion from Stephen Smalley may help you. I haven't tried to
install a new kernel since doing this. Also, I noticed an updated rpm
package in the development tree.....

tom

    * /From/: Stephen Smalley <sds epoch ncsc mil>
    * /Date/: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 15:30:09 -0400

On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 23:25, Tom London wrote:
> [On my system, yum/rpm seem not to be correctly labeling installed
> files, so I manually check and change via 'fixfiles' or 'setfiles' as
> appropriate.

This is because rpm hasn't been updated for the new policy layout, so it
cannot find the file_contexts configuration.  Until it is updated, I
have just created a symlink, i.e.
ln -sf /etc/selinux/strict/contexts/files/file_contexts /etc/security/selinux/file_contexts

--
Stephen Smalley <sds epoch ncsc mil>