Where's my policy source?

Levine, Daniel J. Daniel.Levine at jhuapl.edu
Mon Jun 14 20:20:48 UTC 2004

Hey guys,

When I first installed my Fedora Core 2 (release) OS with SELinux, I
installed most of the packages I needed, but forgot that AMD doesn't get
installed by default.  So afterwards I found the am-utils RPM and installed
it.  Now I get spurious amd related messages from SELinux.  I was probably
root when I installed am-utils and chances are it didn't put the right
contexts on the files an such.

So, I figured I needed to re-label my file system so the amd related files
would have the correct SELinux contexts on them.  This is what it would do
for me right?

Well, so I got to /etc/security/selinux and I don't have a src directory!
I'm pretty sure I picked Workstation Install and added various other
packages that I thought I needed at installation time.  Am-utils is the only
after-the-fact package I installed.

So, where is the policy source?  I'm looking in the right place right?  Now
I do see in the SELinux getting started HOWTO that they do something like:
make -C /etc/selinux relabel

Should this cause my amd audit violation messages to go away?  How would I
have added the am-utils RPM so that its files were labeled correctly in the
first place?

Thanks,

Daniel J. Levine
Section Supervisor