'unable to relabel' in /dev.... MAKEDEV-3.7-2, AVCs provided

Tom London selinux at comcast.net
Wed Jun 16 03:32:13 UTC 2004

OK.  I think I understand what is going on:

Some of the packages in the development tree do not have context labels,
that is,
'rpm -q --filecontext MAKEDEV' shows no context labels (just file names).
So the special files in /dev got created with type 'device_t'.... sigh.

I'm guessing that as we get closer to 'release' or 'update' packages
this will not be as big
a problem.

In the interim, I'll stick with running something like
        rpm -ql Package | xargs restorecon
after installs/upgrades.

Its what I deserve for running off of the development tree!

thanks,
  tom