mount reiserfs (novice)

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Thu Jun 17 11:29:00 UTC 2004

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 19:09, Maxim Britov <udjinrg at forenet.by> wrote:
> I can't mount reiserfs. I just begin study SE Linux. Could you help me?
>
> # dmesg
> ReiserFS: hdc2: found reiserfs format "3.6" with standard journal
> ReiserFS: hdc2: using ordered data mode
> ReiserFS: hdc2: journal params: device hdc2, size 8192, journal first block
> 18, max trans len 1024, max batch 900, max commit age 30, max trans age 30
> ReiserFS: hdc2: checking transaction log (hdc2)
> ReiserFS: hdc2: Using r5 hash to sort names
> audit(1087473997.967:0): avc:  denied  { search } for  pid=2885
> exe=/bin/mount dev=hdc2 ino=2 scontext=root:sysadm_r:mount_t
> tcontext=system_u:object_r:unlabeled_t tclass=dir ReiserFS: hdc2: warning:
> xattrs/ACLs enabled and couldn't find/create .reiserfs_priv. Failing mount.

I've just reproduced this bug on the kernel.org 2.6.7 kernel.  It seems that
there is a hidden directory on a ReiserFS file system used for XATTRs which
is unlabeled.  Allowing mount to search this directory does no good as many
(most?) operations also need it (eg setfiles).

I've CC'd the ReiserFS mailing list.  I would be happy to work with ReiserFS
developers in debugging this and testing the fix.