organizing the audit messages

Don Patterson don.patterson at tresys.com
Fri Jun 18 16:02:32 UTC 2004

It sounds like you may be able to use the seaudit tool that comes with the
setools package. Here is a brief overview of the tool:

SeAudit is an audit log analysis tool for Security Enhanced Linux (SE Linux)
audit messages. The tool parses a given syslog and extracts all load policy
messages, AVC messages and change of boolean messages from conditional
policies. SeAudit also provides real-time log monitoring.

The tool has three main functions:
     1) Browse and sort SE Linux audit messages.
     2) Filter an audit log based on fields in the messages.
     3) Query the policy based on data from a given audit message.

You can also use globbing expressions to construct more flexible search
filters. Check it out
(http://www.tresys.com/selinux/selinux_policy_tools.html) and see if it
meets your goals. We would welcome any feedback based upon your experience
with our tool(s). Thank you.

-Don