mozilla not starting in enforcing mode

Richard Hally rhally at mindspring.com
Mon Jun 21 06:25:33 UTC 2004

Russell Coker wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 10:47, Richard Hally <rhallyx at mindspring.com> wrote:
>
>>Jun 20 20:31:30 new2 kernel: audit(1087777890.697:0): avc:  denied  {
>>write } for  pid=3471 exe=/usr/lib/mozilla-1.6/mozilla-xremote-client
>>name=X0 dev=hda2 ino=1840568 scontext=richard:staff_r:staff_mozilla_t
>>tcontext=system_u:object_r:xdm_tmp_t tclass=sock_file
>

> That's a known issue.  The policy regarding X client applications connecting
> to servers needs to be re-written to make it cleaner.  For the moment just
> allow this.

<snip>

Do you know what changed from the previous policy to cause this avc
denied message or what else may have changed to cause Mozilla to no
longer start? What change may have caused the execution of
mozilla-xremote-client? My version of Mozilla is the same on both of my
test systems and the one with the previous (1.13.4-6) policy doesn't
have this problem. And I can't find any the difference that is causing
this??

Richard Hally