Strange AVC from privoxy write

Stephen Smalley sds at epoch.ncsc.mil
Tue Jun 22 12:40:41 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-21 at 22:31, Russell Coker wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 07:38, Tom London <selinux at comcast.net> wrote:
> > Jun 21 14:20:30 dell
> > kernel:
> > audit(1087852830.344:0): avc:  denied  { write } for  pid=13411
> > exe=/usr/sbin/privoxy
>
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-selinux-list/2004-June/msg00109.html
>
> This looks similar to an issue I previously reported.  Please check the
> message at the above URL and let us know if it's the same.

I also see such messages in my /var/log/messages, but do not know the
cause.  I've forward the mail to Rik Faith, who wrote the kernel audit
framework; he may have a better idea as to what is happening.
It would be interesting to revert to using printk for avc_audit and see
whether the same error occurs.

--
Stephen Smalley <sds at epoch.ncsc.mil>