FC2 Startup Errors

Stephen Smalley sds at epoch.ncsc.mil
Tue Jun 22 13:07:12 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 08:54, edwarner99 at yahoo.com wrote:
> I am getting these errors when I reboot FC2.
> I don't know what they mean. I have more, but this is
> the jist of the errors.
>
> I can log in as a user, but I have root privileges.
>
> audit(1087859536.934:0): avc:  denied  { getattr } for
>  pid=1 exe=/sbin/init path=/dev/initctl dev=hda2
> ino=73143 scontext=system_u:system_r:kernel_t
> tcontext=system_u:object_r:file_t tclass=fifo_file
<snip>

The audit message indicates that you are running with SELinux enabled,
but have not labeled your filesystem.  I'm not sure what you mean by
your statement about root privileges.  Do you want SELinux to be
enabled?  If so, then run fixfiles relabel to label your filesystems.
If not, then edit /etc/sysconfig/selinux accordingly to disable it.

--
Stephen Smalley <sds at epoch.ncsc.mil>