Has the boot param syntax/semantics changed?

Tom London selinux at comcast.net
Tue Jun 29 03:58:10 UTC 2004

Yeah, you don't want to set SELINUXTYPE to permissive. That appears to
be the
same as selecting the 'targeted' policy. (I guess, 'not strict').
(The comment in the config file says SELINUXTYPE can take one of two
values, targeted or strict).

To select permissive mode, you set SELINUX=permissive. For me, setting
SELINUX to permissive is the same as booting with 'enforcing=0'.

tom