Installing new policy?

Tom Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Mar 8 08:05:25 UTC 2004

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 02:20:36AM -0500, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> James Morris (jmorris at redhat.com) said:
> > > When new policy & policy-sources packages get downloaded and installed
> > > from development, do I need to do:
> > >
> > > cd /etc/security/selinux/src/policy
> > > make load
> > > make relabel
> > >

> > Yes.
>
> Does this mean policy *never* gets updated on a new rpm install
> without manual intevention? This seems bad.

If I understand this...

In development cycles having the "current" best practice policy does make sense
for some,  but not outside the context of "default policy development".

The more general procedure would be to

 cd /etc/security/selinux/src/policy
 # examine, compare with current, update for local needs, scratch, validate... then
 # iff all is ok
 make load
 make relabel

In fact the "policy" on "policy updates" should be the most
constrained in the pile.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	mitch48-at-sbcglobal-dot-net