Best way to get started?

Aleksey Nogin aleksey at nogin.org
Mon Mar 8 01:14:34 UTC 2004

On 06.03.2004 13:59, James Morris wrote:

> What I've done is start with FC2T1, then yum upgrade policy-sources,
> policycoreutils, checkpolicy, libselinux, libselinux-devel.  Boot into
> single user mode, then:
>

>   cd /etc/security/selinux/src/policy
>   make
>   make relabel

Is policy-sources really necessary (if I just want to test the standard
default policies)? What I did is installed policycoreutils and policy,
and run

/usr/sbin/setfiles /etc/security/selinux/file_contexts /
/usr/sbin/load_policy /etc/security/selinux/policy.15

and rebooted. Would the above have the same effect as using policy-sources?

--
Aleksey Nogin

Home Page: http://nogin.org/
E-Mail: nogin at cs.caltech.edu (office), aleksey at nogin.org (personal)
Office: Jorgensen 70, tel: (626) 395-2907