up2date, Large Medium and small updates....

Stephen C. Tweedie sct at redhat.com
Wed Mar 10 11:37:53 UTC 2004

Hi,

On Wed, 2004-03-10 at 01:40, Tom Mitchell wrote:

> The more general question is that for  Large Medium and small updates....
> there may always be a question when one or more "makes" in the policy
> area will be needed.  Is there a good way to check... will make
> check-all do the right thing?
>
>    cd /etc/security/selinux/src/policy
>    make ?????  # lots of choices...
>    make relabel  # necessary? when and how to check ...
>
> Is it necessary/useful to do stuff like this before or after a reboot?

It shouldn't be necessary.  But if there's something wrong ---
unexpected actions in a %post script, the rpm was built from the wrong
policy's file context list --- it might be.  I've added a new target in
my own policy makefile:

checklabels:  $(FC) $(SETFILES)
        $(SETFILES) -v $(FC) `mount | awk '/(ext[23]| xfs).*rw/{print $$3}'`

which passes the "-v" option to setfiles so that in addition to fixing
labels, it logs those inodes with the wrong labels.

--Stephen