How to start using selinux?

Stephen Smalley sds at epoch.ncsc.mil
Fri Mar 26 13:57:01 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-03-25 at 17:16, Gene Czarcinski wrote:
> Already sent.  I can put them on a ftp server.  Do you still want me to do
> that?
>
> With all of the messages coming out in enforcing mode, I am not sure what is
> important and what is not.  I am also not sure that the service startup
> failures were captured.

You are more likely to get help if you post at least the first few
messages to the entire list.  It might also help to see the output from
ls -Z / (i.e. is your root filesystem labeled), and ps -eZ (i.e. are
your processes running in the right domain).

Chris PeBenito of the Hardened Gentoo project just posted a "sestatus"
tool on the NSA selinux list the other day that might be helpful in
giving status about your system's SELinux setup, see
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=selinux&m=108026017519073&w=2

--
Stephen Smalley <sds at epoch.ncsc.mil>