Inability to shutdown or reboot from gnome

Bob Gustafson bobgus at rcn.com
Tue May 11 20:19:15 UTC 2004

I did some more experiments last night and found that if you boot with the
Grub parameter 'selinux=0' and then login as a user and then go to Gnome by
typing 'startx', you are then able to shutdown the system from the Gnome
buttons - even though you are only a user.

Keep in mind that under these conditions, you don't get any of the
advantages of selinux.

This is probably not what you want to happen in the long run.

BobG

On Tue, 11 May 2004 10:04:07 +0200 Matthew East wrote:>Hi Bob, thanks for
your mail. Am replying just to you because I guess