Difficulty compiling setools-1.3-2

Bob Gustafson bobgus at rcn.com
Thu May 27 00:33:44 UTC 2004

I did a little more testing

[user1 at hoho2 user1]$ seuser show users
Could not access policy.conf file. Verify the location is valid in the
seuser.co
nf file.
[user1 at hoho2 user1]$

At this point, I said 'whoops, remake of setools has same problem as before'

But then a minute later, when I was logged in as root, I did it again with
good results - no code change.

[root at hoho2 user1]#
[root at hoho2 user1]# seuser show users

system_u: system_r
user_u: user_r sysadm_r system_r
root: staff_r sysadm_r system_r
cyrus: cyrus_r
mailman: mailman_r

[root at hoho2 user1]#

I don't know what the desired error message is for an ordinary user? Are
mortal users discouraged from running seuser? If so, perhaps the policy
should just make it not executable for mortal users.

If mortal users can run 'seuser', then perhaps the seuser.conf file has to
be accessible to the seuser program when being run by a mortal user. That
is my guess at why the error message comes up.

BobG