crond and /usr/bin/run-parts

Fritz Elfert fritz.elfert at millenux.com
Thu May 27 18:54:59 UTC 2004

After you mentioned run_init, i read it's manpage and tried "run_init
service crond restart". Didn't work out of the box, but that was an easy
one. Just added the following into my local.te:

allow run_init_t sbin_t:file { read execute };

Now i can manually restart services properly with "run_init service
whatever restart". Probably, /sbin/service should get a dedicated
attribute instead of just system_u:object_r:sbin_t. Then one could have a
more tighten rule describing what run_init_t is allowd to execute.

Ciao
 -Fritz

--
Fritz Elfert <fritz.elfert at millenux.com>                     Millenux GmbH
Lilienthalstr. 2                                  Phone: +49 711 88770 400