selinux and RHEL

Wayne Frazee wfrazee at wynweb.net
Fri May 28 18:09:55 UTC 2004

This is just my own personal input on the matter but I would think that
a determination on this matter by Red Hat this early in the game would
be irresponsibly premature.  At this point, the SELinux packages are
note even integrated into mainstream Fedora due to the problems of
creating a package and configuration tools for widespread implementation
into a distribution.

I would think that far more testing and fixing and tweaking needs done
under the auspices of the Fedora Core testing environment before Red Hat
can consider production implementation into the RHEL supported
distributions.

Further, I would like to make a suggestion.  I dont know who here works
with apache development but apache uses a periodic development summary
that is essentially a "state of the package".  I dont have a copy of a
recent one at hand for the moment however it goes soemthing like this:

Version 2.1.0
	Showstopper Bugs
		This thing keeps breaking, blah, blah, blah.
	Not Showstopper but Would be good to Fix
		This Bug
		that Bug
		The other Bug
	Wish List
		Reorient that Feature to this Feature (IMPROVED!)

A digest of this nature would be great for tracking status of the
SELinux implementation in Fedora Core.  What do you all think?

--
Wayne S. Frazee