updated SELinux FAQ

Richard Hally rhally at mindspring.com
Sat May 8 04:34:02 UTC 2004

Karsten Wade wrote:
> http://people.redhat.com/kwade/fedora-docs/selinux-faq-en/
>
> There have been some useful changes:
>
> * Table of contents for questions
> * Questions divided by subject
> * Content updated
>
> Now is a good time to give me suggestions for the Fedora Core 2 final
> release.  File a bugzilla report with a new question (and answer, if you
> can) -- there is a link in the FAQ in the "Making changes/additions to
> the Fedora SELinux FAQ" box.
>
> Use the same link if you find any errors.
>
> Thanks - Karsten
I have added this in bugzilla:
Here is a question that may be worthwhile to have in the FAQ:

Q: I have installed Fedora Core 2 without SELinux, what are the steps to
  start using SELinux?
A:
  1. Install the policy<version>.rpm ,
		policy-sources<version>.rpm
		policycoreutils<version>rpm and
	(list other needed packages here.)
  2. change the /etc/sysconfig/selinux file to have SELINUX=permissive
	(if you had selinux=0 on the kernel line in grub, take it off)
  3. reboot
	(so that the LSM and SELinux modules will be loaded).
  4. cd /etc/security/selinux/src/policy
     make load
	(to make sure the policy and file_contexts were built correctly)
     make relabel
	 (this will take a while, it accesses every file on the system)
  5. reboot
	 (2nd time, to restart all programs with the correct contexts)
---------
This needs to be checked.
If this is not correct, please give the correct steps.
HTH
Richard Hally