policy packages

Richard Hally rhally at mindspring.com
Sat May 8 20:31:06 UTC 2004

Gene Czarcinski wrote:

> I noticed that there is a new policy package in development
> (policy-strict-sources) to make a total of three (policy, policy-sources, and
> policy-strict-sources).
>
> How do the three packages relate to the old two package situation?  Is
> policy-sources now more "relaxed" than previous versions?  If it is more
> "relaxed", how about policy?
>
> Gene

Well, when I installed policy-strict-sources, it replaced the files from
the policy-sources package. Surprise! I would have thought in would have
installed them under /etc/security/selinux/src/policy-strict. I hope we
will be able to have both (or more) policies sources installed at the
same time.
If I rename src/policy to src/policy-strict can I then reinstall
policy-sources? what rpm options should I use?
Thanks for the help
Richard Hally