policy packages

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Wed May 12 12:16:58 UTC 2004

Richard Hally wrote:

> Gene Czarcinski wrote:
>
>> I noticed that there is a new policy package in development
>> (policy-strict-sources) to make a total of three (policy,
>> policy-sources, and policy-strict-sources).
>>
>> How do the three packages relate to the old two package situation?
>> Is policy-sources now more "relaxed" than previous versions?  If it
>> is more "relaxed", how about policy?
>>
>> Gene
>>

> Well, when I installed policy-strict-sources, it replaced the files
> from the policy-sources package. Surprise! I would have thought in
> would have installed them under
> /etc/security/selinux/src/policy-strict. I hope we will be able to
> have both (or more) policies sources installed at the same time.
> If I rename src/policy to src/policy-strict can I then reinstall
> policy-sources? what rpm options should I use?
> Thanks for the help
> Richard Hally

Yes that was a mistake that it got out.  I am working on a new version
of the policy src rpm.  It will create 4 rpms.  policy and
policy-sources which will contain the targeted policy (relaxed) policy.
policy-strict and policy-strict-sources which will contain the strict
policy (The policy we currently ship).  This should be available in the
first rawhide versions of FC3.   Policy sources will install in
/etc/security/selinux/targeted/src/policy.  Strict policy sources will
install in /etc/security/selinux/strict/src/policy.

Dan