Re: policy packages

Richard Hally wrote:

Daniel J Walsh wrote:

Policy rename dilemma. I have a version of policy ready to go that supports both strict and targeted policy. The version I wrote creates targeted policy as policy and policy-sources and the strict as policy-strict and policy-strict-sources. The problem with this is that if I put it in Rawhide people upgrading will switch from strict policy to relaxed and require a relabel. If I change it to strict equals policy and policy-sources, with policy-targeted and policy-targeted-sources, than I am stuck with that even though policy-targeted will be the default in FC3, which seems wrong.
Comments?

Dan

If "targeted" will be the default going forward, it seems that the thing to do is make the change now. A one time relabel at this stage is not as bad as having to make a switch later.
For those that want the "strict" , they can set up the links the way they prefer after the update.
Is the "strict" policy close to what is now in place?

Strict is the current policy with several fixes.

Dan

Richard Hally