New user

Karl MacMillan kmacmillan at tresys.com
Mon May 24 21:33:24 UTC 2004

This is part of the problem - seuser runs in its own domain so the binary
needs to be labeled seuser_exec_t. Unfortunately it looks like seuser is
quite broken on FC2. You can fix it by:

1) mv /etc/security/selinux/src/policy/domains/program/unused/seuser.te to
etc/security/selinux/src/policy/domains/program/seuser.te.

2) edit /etc/security/selinux/src/policy/file_contexts/programs/seuser.fc
changing "/usr/apol/seuser.conf" to "/usr/share/setools/seuser.conf".

3) remake and reload the policy.

4) run restorecon on /usr/bin/seuser and /usr/share/setools/seuser.conf

This should make seuser behave properly. I'm not certain what is going on
with the outdated fc file - we currently generate that file in our
distribution of setools, but had been accidentally included an outdated
version with the source. Probably someone just copied that old file
(understandably). Hopefully we can get some of these fixes pushed out as an
update - is the appropriate process to enter a bugzilla case with a patch?

Karl

Karl MacMillan
Tresys Technology
http://www.tresys.com