OpenOffice.org fails to start

Matthew East matthew.east at iue.it
Tue May 25 10:44:16 UTC 2004

This is a strange problem. I have recently enabled selinux on my system
and now I cannot start OpenOffice.org. Everything else is working fine.
When I start it it doesn't even get to the splash screen. I have NO
MESSAGES in dmesg or /var/log/messages about this (how can this
be??!??!!), and yet if I set selinux to permissive it loads fine.

Can anyone help me with this??

While I'm here, can somebody give me the solution to this error message
(which seems not to cause any problems), which occurs when I do a "su"
in Gnome Terminal.

audit(1085481816.902:0): avc:  denied  { add_name } for  pid=1981
exe=/bin/su name=.xauthdgXnvH scontext=user_u:user_r:user_su_t
tcontext=root:object_r:staff_home_dir_t tclass=dir

thanks everyone.

Matt