Finding unlabeled files?

Tom London selinux at comcast.net
Mon May 31 05:33:15 UTC 2004

Thanks.

However, I'm having a slightly different problem: because of various
circumstances, some files that should be labeled appear to be unlabeled.

I'm thinking that I missed the easy way: just running 'fixfiles check'
or 'setfiles -n -v ...'

tom
* From: Thomas Bleher <bleher informatik uni-muenchen de>

* Tom London <selinux comcast net> [2004-05-30 20:12]:
 > I understand its 'safer' to run 'fixfiles relabel', but some vestigial
 > unlabeled files seem to remain...

Look into your policy for file contexts which specify "<<none>>"  as
context. This means that setfiles does not touch these files at all, as
they can not be properly labeled by looking at the file name; so it is
best to leave them alone.
If you come from a non-SELinux system you should probably delete all
these files[0] and reboot.

Thomas

[0] the policy I'm looking right now has <<none>> only for files which
can be safely deleted if the system is in single user mode and is
restarted immediately afterwards.