libselinux tools location

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Fri Nov 19 20:42:25 UTC 2004

On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 03:36:50PM -0500, Tom Diehl wrote:
> So much for the stated policy of following upstream as much as possible.
> If it is an important change why not get upstream to change it?
> It appears that every time someone outside of Red Hat wants a change the
> standard answer is to get it changed upstream. Why is this different?
> It is not like Fedora will stop working without it. :-)
> I actually agree with the change, but I am just trying to understand
> what the policy really is?

File location isn't really an upstream issue -- it's an installation issue
and therefore a packaging one. Obviously SE Linux is rather Linux-focused,
but in general, many programs packaged for Fedora are designed to be
cross-platform, and other platforms may have other expectations about where
files belong.