init labeling question for targeted policy

Colin Walters walters at redhat.com
Sat Nov 27 17:30:44 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-11-27 at 05:03 -0800, Karsten Wade wrote:

> init is started with the unconfined_t context?  Was this behavior that
> changed between FC2 and FC3, or am I missing something fundamental here?

I think the distinction is just targeted vs. strict policy; FC2 didn't
have targeted.  So basically everything just starts out as unconfined,
including the kernel, and then transitions happen for a few specific
domains like httpd_t.  For strict policy, I think it's pretty much as
Russell described it.  Does that answer your question?