xfs file system w/ selinux?

Andrew Farris fedora at andrewfarris.com
Sat Oct 9 19:53:43 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-10-09 at 12:37 -0500, Justin Conover wrote:
> How does Fedora handle the size, does it use 256 or 512 be default?
> If its 256, shouldn't they change this?

It uses the default 256.  I have several filesystems I built with 256
inode size, but I have had no problems running selinux with it..
presumably I do have wasted space and performance decreases but it is
not noticeable in normal use.  I suspect a benchmark would have to be
used to see it.  I do notice that compared to my ext3 setup before I do
have much lower cpu usage on file moves across filesystems, so I'm
pleased with XFS, but the performance difference between them is
debatable (and has been here before).

Perhaps it should be changed yes, I was unaware of the issue before I
created the filesystems.