Intro

Tom Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 12 00:53:13 UTC 2004

On Sun, Oct 10, 2004 at 03:10:28PM +1000, Russell Coker wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 06:07, Temlakos <temlakos at comcast.net> wrote:

> > What do I need to consider when building
> > and running a new application in an SELinux environment? Those of you
> > out there running SELinux in enforcement mode--do you have any insights
> > you can share with me?
>
> Generally a well written program will not have any difficulties at all

Since Temlakos mentioned building a database what model of data
management should he consider.

On the surface SELinux could put a fence around the database and data
but if the database had data that rightly belonged in multiple domains
I suspect he has a problem that is not clearly addressed by tossing
SELinux into the pot.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	Me, I would "Rather" Not.