prelink and yum conflict

Stephen Smalley sds at epoch.ncsc.mil
Tue Oct 12 14:05:52 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-12 at 09:27, Jeff Johnson wrote:
> Not so much irony as difficult coordination. Compiling "rpm_script_t"
> into rpm is
> gonna be difficult coordination, and now that there are two behaviors,
> support
> is gonna get messy too.
>
> I'm open for better ideas, would like to have the choice of
> "rpm_script_t" exec type in libselinux
> even though mechanism is of necessity in rpm.
>
> How about a simple routine, I pass the interpreter (i.e. "/bin/sh" or
> "/sbin/ldconfig"), and
> libselinux gives me the IDENTITY:ROLE:TYPE to set.
>
> Even better, rpm will fork, then give libselinux argv[0] before doing
> execve. Then libselinux
> can do whatever it wants.
>
> You can have argv, not just argv[0] if you want too. ;-)
>
> Sound like a plan?

Sounds reasonable.  libselinux would presumably fetch the context of the
interpreter/helper via getfilecon(), then call security_compute_create()
to see if there is a default transition defined for the
interpreter/helper, and if not, then explicitly setexeccon() to
rpm_script_t.  Might want to also pass the result of the signature
verify as a further input in selecting the desired domain.

--
Stephen Smalley <sds at epoch.ncsc.mil>