Try my experimental rsync with xattr support

Stephen Smalley sds at epoch.ncsc.mil
Thu Oct 14 17:47:32 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-14 at 13:21, Kodungallur Varma wrote:
>        when I "make load" a new policy I have the following sequence
> in the console..
<snip>
> /usr/sbin/load_policy /etc/security/selinux/policy.`cat /selinux/policyvers`
> Can't open '/etc/security/selinux/policy.18':  No such file or directory
> make: *** [tmp/load] Error 2
> the last two lines...why is it trying to open policy.18...I dont even
> have it and in the last line it says error. is there some way to fix
> it. thanx a lot..

Are you using Fedora Core 2 with an updated kernel?
SELinux support was broken in Fedora Core 2 by a couple of kernel
updates due to a lack of any coordinated update to policy and related
tools; complain in bugzilla to RedHat.  Two different changes occurred
in the kernel, I think; new initial SID for re-opening closed
descriptors to /dev/null, and new policy version for fine-grained
netlink classes.

You can workaround the immediate problem by editing your policy Makefile
and replacing:
	$(LOADPOLICY) $(POLICYPATH)/policy.`cat /selinux/policyvers`
with:
	$(LOADPOLICY) $(LOADPATH)

But I'd recommend installing Fedora Core 3 / test3 instead, then switch
to strict policy via system-config-securitylevel and reboot if you want
the strict policy (vs. the default in FC3, the targeted policy).  FC2
SELinux support seems to be unmaintained, AFAICS.

--
Stephen Smalley <sds at epoch.ncsc.mil>