Kernel Panic on upgrading libselinux

Jaspreet Singh jsingh at ensim.com
Fri Oct 15 11:06:18 UTC 2004

Hi,

I wanted to write my own security policies so i upgraded to packages
given shipped with FC3 ( libselinux , policy-targeted, policycoreutils ,
SysVinit and checkpolicy)

When i tried to reboot (to 2.6.5-1.358 default with FC2) with
SELINUX=enforcing and SELINUXTYPE=targeted .. it says -

kernel panic ...
No policy loaded ?????????

i tried booting to kernel 2.6.8-1.386 .. it booted fine ...

Then i also tried to run "fixfiles relabel" and rebooted same problem.

also booting with SELINUX=permissive gives the following errors on "ls
-Z"

  Option only possible with selinux enabled kernels ???????

Any clues ???

Jaspreet :-(