What to do after building a kernel.

Andrew Farris fedora at andrewfarris.com
Tue Oct 26 23:50:07 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-26 at 16:04 -0500, Justin Conover wrote:
> FYI...
>
> Just incase anyone wants to create there own kernel running on there
> box.  Grabbing and applying all the patches from the latest
> kernel.src.rpm worked for me on a ck2 kernel.

Better yet put your kernel tarball or patchsets into the kernel srpm and
specfile then rebuild so that your have maintained a valid rpm database
understanding of your system, kernels installed, and related files.
This is fairly simple to do, but you'll want to remove the config files
for other architectures and specific patches for them (and a few related
things in the spec).