realplayer

Stephen Smalley sds at epoch.ncsc.mil
Wed Oct 27 14:50:58 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 10:39, Russell Coker wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 02:13, Tom London <selinux at gmail.com> wrote:
> > mmap2(NULL, 365, PROT_READ, MAP_PRIVATE, 3, 0) = -1 EACCES (Permission
> > denied) close(3)                                = 0
> > --- SIGSEGV (Segmentation fault) @ 0 (0) ---
> > +++ killed by SIGSEGV +++
> >
> > Is this related to the previously reported (and fixed, I thought)
> > mmap() problem?   Something else?
>
> Looks like the mmap() problem.  What kernel version are you running?

Legacy binaries have their mmap(PROT_READ) requests translated to
PROT_READ|PROT_EXEC automatically by the kernel for backward
compatibility.  Not an SELinux issue; SELinux is just checking
permissions based on what is being passed to it by the core kernel.

--
Stephen Smalley <sds at epoch.ncsc.mil>