Problems with NFS

Christopher R. Swope SwopeCR at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 16 05:45:07 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I have a little linux box which I pretty much use as a firewall box.  I
also use it as a server, because I have too many hard drives.

I just enabled SELinux on it, using the instructions found on the Fedora
page.  Most things went fine, but I am having some trouble using files
that I export over NFS.

The directory at issue is a directory that I use for development (for
homework).  I have regular executable files (that are compiled from C++
source code), and perl scripts in this directory.  I can't run either,
as I get a permission denied error message.  I tried to do the
relabeling thing, and also deleting the files and rebuilding them, but
to no avail.

I know nothing about SELinux other than what I read on the Fedora page.

Can someone please tell me how to fix this problem?

Thanks,
Christopher