AVCs with ntpd

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Wed Sep 22 12:07:31 UTC 2004

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 00:15, Bob Gustafson <bobgus at rcn.com> wrote:
> Bringing your system up2date is also a good idea as some of the utilities
> (nptd?) have SELinux related patches.

You are correct that some of the utilities have SE Linux related patches.
Also one thing to note is that utilities and policy are changed in
synchronisation.  So if you upgrade one without the other when tracking
rawhide then things might not work (NB upgrades other than from one release
to another are not officially supported, tracking rawhide in every way should
work but with partial upgrades you are on your own).

ntpd does not have SE Linux related patches and we have no plans to do such
things.

> I also think that step 5. needs to be done before steps 3 and 4.

Yes.  Boot with "selinux=1 enforcing=0" to relabel it.