What is SELinux targeted policy?

Daniel J Walsh dwalsh at redhat.com
Wed Sep 22 18:50:52 UTC 2004

Alex Ackerman wrote:

> [...]
Yes strict policy will work on Fedora Core.  And we are working to make
transitioning from one policy to the other easier.
system-config-securitylevel  allows you to transition from one to the
other by building a relabel into the startup scripts.

We would like to add ftp and a mail agent to targeted policy
eventually.  We would like to get vsftpd to work like
login in that after the users logs in a new process gets execed under
the users context or Anonymous FTP context.
The problem with mail agents is that alot of them want to touch the
users home directories, and as soon as they do
we get into labeling problems around the users home directory which we
are trying to avoid in targeted policy.

Dan