updated SELinux FAQ

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Sep 24 11:47:23 UTC 2004

Fedora Core 3 test 2:
http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-faq-fc3test2/ (v. 1.3-1)

Fedora Core 2:
http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/selinux-faq-fc2/ (v. 1.2-8)

1. Notice the new URLs.  These are permanent homes.  Currently, the
copies on people.redhat.com are up-to-date, and I will work out some
form of redirect in the near future.

2. Content *should* be technically updated to match test2.  If not, see
3.

3. If you have bugs or additional questions (and hopefully answers), use
the bugzilla form that is linked from the first Tip box "Making
changes/additions to the Fedora SELinux FAQ".

4. A few new questions in this version:
   Q: What is the SELinux targeted policy?
   Q: What daemons are protected by the targeted policy?
   Q: Which daemons will you add to the targeted policy? How about
Sendmail, Postfix, MySQL, or PostgreSQL?
   Q: What about the strict policy? Does it even work?
   Q: How do I install/not install SELinux?
   Q: How do I switch the policy I'm using?
   Q: How do I enable/disable SELinux protection on specific daemons
under the targeted policy?
   Q: Why does SELINUX=disabled not work for me?

5. Lifecycle comments:  I'll maintain this FAQ as long as it is useful.
This FAQ is particular to each version of Fedora Core.  Each version of
this FAQ will follow the version of Fedora to the Legacy Project, when
the time comes.

- Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, RHCE, Tech Writer