reconnecting USB p rinter

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Sun Sep 26 13:14:37 UTC 2004

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 12:01, Tom London <selinux at gmail.com> wrote:
> Running strict/enforcing, w/USB printer.
>
> Reconnecting printer (after pulling the plug) yields the following:

allow hald_t urandom_device_t:chr_file { read };

The above line should go unconditionally in hald.te not in cups.te.  The
reason is that hald might access urandom_device_t for many things other than
printer configuration, and we don't want the other things to suddenly stop
working if we remove the cups policy.

Also for neat policy I think it's best not to put {} around a single item.

I've attached a diff between the policy in my tree for hal and cups and that
of the CVS.  Please note that removing the dontaudit from cups.te is
deliberate, there is a matching allow rule later in the same file.