Sound difficulties.

Seth Chambers satchmomc at verizon.net
Wed Apr 20 01:59:36 UTC 2005

I am a new Linux user, having installed FC 3 one week ago.  Im having
difficulty getting my sound card to work.  FC 3 comes with Alsa pre-
installed, and it does detect the card, and the driver, snd-emu10k1, has
been installed.  The sound card is a Soundblaster Live 5.1 by Creative
Labs.  The error message that I receive when I use aumix is error: error
opening mixer.  The error message I receive when I try using alsamixer
isalsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for default: No such device.
Any help with this problem would be much appreciated.  Also, the device
does work in XP.  Thanks in advance.