New policy for tripwire

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Thu Apr 21 15:14:33 UTC 2005

On Sunday 13 March 2005 10:50, David Hampton <hampton-rh at rainbolthampton.net>
wrote:
> This is written on an FC3 base system using the selinux-policy-strict-
> sources-1.22.1-2 policy from March 11th.  These are the first policies
> I've submitted so I'd appreciate any comments on how to write better
> policies.

Executable types in .fc files should be marked with --.  It makes setfiles run
faster and also avoids bad policy being written when the executable gets
replaced with a symlink or something else strange happens.

Labelling a binary in /usr/sbin as bin_t makes no sense.

I don't think that there's any need for so many domains.

Also tripwire domains probably don't make any sense.  If you are serious about
tripwire then you should boot from removable media to run it.  Anyone who can
crack a SE Linux system can surely sort out the tripwire database.