Rawhide avc messages

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Mon Apr 25 03:48:24 UTC 2005

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005, Russell Coker wrote:

> On Friday 22 April 2005 04:27, Tom Diehl <tdiehl at rogueind.com> wrote:
> > kernel: audit(1114097914.302:0): avc:  denied  { rename } for pid=1952
> > exe=/bin/mv name=ntp.conf dev=dm-0 ino=102686
> > scontext=user_u:system_r:dhcpc_t tcontext=user_u:object_r:etc_t tclass=file
>
> Your /etc/ntp.conf is mislabelled.

Is it normal to have to relabel individual files like this or is this
indicative of something not being setup correctly at install time? This error
appeared on the first boot after the install.

> The others are minor errors, the machine should work fine even before we fix
> them.

The machine does in fact work fine. After the latest update from rawhide
today, the messages are gone.

Thanks for the fixes.

Regards,

Tom Diehl		tdiehl at rogueind.com		Spamtrap address mtd123 at rogueind.com