Rawhide avc messages

Russell Coker russell at coker.com.au
Mon Apr 25 07:32:16 UTC 2005

On Monday 25 April 2005 13:48, Tom Diehl <tdiehl at rogueind.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 23 Apr 2005, Russell Coker wrote:
> > On Friday 22 April 2005 04:27, Tom Diehl <tdiehl at rogueind.com> wrote:
> > > kernel: audit(1114097914.302:0): avc:  denied  { rename } for pid=1952
> > > exe=/bin/mv name=ntp.conf dev=dm-0 ino=102686
> > > scontext=user_u:system_r:dhcpc_t tcontext=user_u:object_r:etc_t
> > > tclass=file
> >
> > Your /etc/ntp.conf is mislabelled.
>
> Is it normal to have to relabel individual files like this or is this
> indicative of something not being setup correctly at install time? This
> error appeared on the first boot after the install.

Until fairly recently it has been "normal" as it has been expected.  But of
course this is not desired and we have been working hard to fix all such
issues.

I have just done a test install of FC4T2 and the /etc/ntp.conf file had the
correct context.  If you can reproduce this then please tell me exactly what
you have to do.