Re: CGI permissions for targeted policy

Ben wrote:

I have been having some problems with a CGI program, and audit2allow shows I should add these permissions:

allow httpd_sys_script_t devpts_t:chr_file { read write };
allow httpd_sys_script_t httpd_tmp_t:file getattr;
allow httpd_sys_script_t httpd_tmp_t:file read;

I'm pretty green at SELinux, so I'm not too sure what these allow. I suspect that the last rule lets httpd_sys_script_t programs read files of type httpd_tmp_t, and the second rule lets them stat() those files. What does the first rule mean, exactly? The CGI program I'm trying to run creates a random filename, and I expect this is related to that, but there ends my speculation.

The first error is the httpd script trying to access a terminal. The other errors are httpd trying to read the tmp file. Is the tmp file
created by a builtin function (php)? And the a cgi script runs to read it?

Dan