Re: Adobe Reader 7

Mike Hearn wrote:

On Sat, 09 Apr 2005 21:00:43 +0300, Fred New wrote:

[fred darth ~]$ /usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/bin/acroread
/usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Reader/intellinux/bin/acroread: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Reader/intellinux/lib/libJP2K.so: cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied

What exactly does this message mean? I'm wondering if we need to do stuff in autopackage to ensure things work correctly with SELinux.

That said, I have targetted enforcing on and so far, no problems ...

thanks -mike

I means that acroread was not able to execute a shared library, because it was labeled incorrectly. If you could get autopackage to automatically call restorecon on all libraries as they get installed. A better way of going would be to make it SELinux aware. The install command and rpm have the restorecon capability built into them, so the file can get created with the correct context.

Dan