MySQL+Selinux problem

Michael Calizo mike.calizo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 07:09:09 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have been banging my head to resolve this SELinux+MySQL problem on
fedora Core 3.

I followed this steps from this
list:https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-selinux-list/2004-November/msg00015.html

   * Install selinux-policy-targeted-sources.
   * yum install selinux-policy-targeted-sources
   * cd /etc/selinux/targeted/src/policy
   * echo "allow httpd_t var_lib_t:sock_file rw_socket_perms;" >
     domains/program/httpd_socket.te
   * make load

After  make load i get this error:
yada yada yada ....
Compiling policy ...
/usr/bin/checkpolicy  -o /etc/selinux/strict/policy/policy.19 policy.conf
/usr/bin/checkpolicy:  loading policy configuration from policy.conf
security:  3 users, 5 roles, 1304 types, 58 bools
security:  55 classes, 388377 rules
/usr/bin/checkpolicy:  policy configuration loaded
/usr/bin/checkpolicy:  writing binary representation (version 19) to
/etc/selinux/strict/policy/policy.19
/usr/bin/checkpolicy -c 18 -o /etc/selinux/strict/policy/policy.18 policy.conf
/usr/bin/checkpolicy:  loading policy configuration from policy.conf
security:  3 users, 5 roles, 1304 types, 58 bools
security:  55 classes, 388377 rules
/usr/bin/checkpolicy:  policy configuration loaded
/usr/bin/checkpolicy:  writing binary representation (version 18) to
/etc/selinux/strict/policy/policy.18
make: *** No rule to make target
`file_contexts/program/httpd_socket.fc', needed by
`file_contexts/file_contexts'.  Stop.

Im stuck with this error and i dont know what to do next. Any insights
are welcome and appreciated.

Thank you very much.

--
Mike Calizo